Grow organic…all year long.
How much food do you want to grow? Maybe it’s just a few tomatoes and salad fixin’s during the summer.
But if you’re like most gardeners I’ve talked to lately, you want to grow enough to feed your family…all year long if possible.
And it’s always nice to be able to share some of your harvest with friends and even donate some to a local food bank.
Whether you’re new to organic gardening or have been at it for years, this is the place to be.
Welcome to Organic Gardening 365
Hi, My name is James Early and I’ve been gardening since I was three years old. And gardening organically for the last 20 years. It’s really encouraging to see so many people getting interested in organic gardening these days, but sometimes it’s hard to know where to begin.
When I started in earnest those 20 years ago, I hardly knew what I was doing. You should have seen my first compost pile–what a disaster! But I’ve learned a lot along the way from my mistakes, er…I mean “opportunities for improvement.”
I’m grateful for all those wonderful gardening books that have kept me pointed in the right direction. And I am fortunate to have rubbed green thumbs with a wide variety of gardeners who have taught me a thing or two. But mostly, I’ve learned from my garden itself. It has usually been the best teacher.
The purpose of Organic Gardening 365 is to share what I have learned over the years as well as pass along the wisdom of those who know much more than I do. And just as important: to learn from you.
The goal of Organic Gardening 365: (1) To help you create the healthiest, most productive organic garden you can imagine to give you the peace of mind that comes with knowing you and your family are eating delicious, healthy food, uncontaminated by poisonous chemicals and genetic engineering.
(2) To help you do you part to safeguard the environment for future generations.
(3) And to help you save money! Have you noticed how expensive organic produce is at the store or the farmers’ market? The more food you grow, the more money you save (usually).
The focus at Organic Gardening 365 is always on
- the fundamentals of organic gardening
- how to have a more productive garden
- how to deal with pests and diseases, just “in case” you have a problem
- how to extend your growing season
- how to get involved and make a difference in your community (however big or small that may be)
- sharing current developments in the organic gardening world
- enjoying the fruits of your labors (think recipes!)
If you haven’t subscribed to my blog, I do hope you will. Just enter your name and email in the little box up in the right corner, or down below if you’re on your mobile. I have a special free gift for you when you do.
And please follow us on Facebook too.
If you ever have a question or a topic you would like to see addressed or an organic gardening expert you would like me to interview for the site, just let me know. You can leave a comment below or on the Facebook page. Or contact me directly.
So here’s to your garden and all the joy it will bring you,James Early Organic Gardening 365 Dedicated to helping you get the most out of your organic garden…all year long (you got it, 365 days out of the year!)